Friday, April 9, 2010

Professor Jacobson's Lecture

Colliderstaff. Chaos Theory. 2005. Online Image. googleimage.com. April 9, 2010.
Going into the lecture I had no idea what to expect. The last thing on my mind was a lecture about math. It was a very interesting lecture, but it was hard for me to understand. From the lecture the most important thing that I learned was that a small change in a system will cause a large change in the outcome.  This method of chaos theory does not only connect to math, but also to real life situations. I thought it was interesting that for most of the lecture he related everything to math, but in the end we find out that the this theory can relate to anything. He was relating this theory to weather changes and changes in DNA causing birth defects. In the end I was able to overcome the mathematical portion and realize how it effects the world. This can be related to the book 1984 because Big Brother is slowly taking away the liberty of the people and in the end the people will have nothing for themselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment