Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Lecture by Professor Kjar

Grey Dagger Caterpillar. Nutmeg66. Sept. 11, 2008. Online Image. flickr.com. March 30, 2010.

Professor Kjar gave an interesting lecture about evolution. Through out the years I have studied evolution, but from Professor Kjar's lecture we were given a new look on evolution. He talked about the common misconceptions that people have. There were some that took me by surprise. Most people thought that rats were around long before humans, but in the lecture he showed a timeline that showed that rats were around after humans. I have to admit that I would have thought that rats had evolved before humans. What I found most interesting was the caterpillar that ate the wasp nest until the wasps are born. I had never heard of anything like this before the lecture. The lecture was important to what we were learning about because it gave a better understanding of the way that other species other than humans have evolved. There was a lot that I learned about evolution, although I did not think there was much more to learn going into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment